Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Make Every Day a Celebration

Can you believe that we are already halfway through 2015? It seems unreal, but it's true. Life happens, and it happens fast - whether we're keeping up with it or not. As I was reminiscing about the first half of my year, the one regret that kept coming to mind was that I lived too much in the future. You've heard of people living too much in their past, right? Those who constantly dwell on their past mistakes and failures and let them paralyze them in the present? Well, in the same sense, if we are constantly dwelling on what is going to happen in the future and always looking for the next big exciting event in our lives, we are paralyzing ourselves in the present. Wishing our lives away as we constantly say, "I can't wait for THIS to happen" or "I'll finally be happy when THAT happens." I have been very guilty of living too much in the future during the first half of 2015. So, my "Half-Year Resolution" is this: Make Every Day a Celebration - no matter how big or small. You've heard holiday scrooges say, "They have a holiday for everything!" Well, I used to think that was just a figure of speech. But it's not. At all. There is literally a holiday - and sometimes several - for EVERY single day of the year. That is a nightmare to holiday scrooges. To me? A dream come true! I LOVE Holidays! And what better way to Make Every Day a Celebration than to celebrate a different Holiday every single day of the year. So to put my Half-Year Resolution into action, I have compiled a list of the holidays, and I will be celebrating in some way every day for the rest of 2015. I will also post a picture that represents HOW I'm celebrating on both Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #makeeverydayacelebration. I'm super excited and ready to start living more in the moment than in the future. Feel free to join me in my celebrations! :)
Ya'll ready for this? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment