Thursday, October 2, 2014

Do What I Would Not - What I Would Not - What I Do.

Romans 7:15 - "For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 - If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 19 - For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 - Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 24 - O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" **These verses have always intrigued me. After reading them, I am persuaded that Paul was the first Dr. Seuss. Sounds like one of his rhymes, don't you think? But he couldn't have been more right on with this one. What's the use in knowing good, if we don't do it? Why do we desire to good, but don't? Why do we hate evil, but do it anyway? One answer - WE. ARE. SIN. So many times, I feel just like Paul. I want to say, "O wretched woman that I am!" We need God to DELIVER us from our bodies of death. There is nothing good about us. We are nothing apart from Christ. Why do we think that we can "make something of ourselves" when He is not in the middle of it? It's impossible. We are wretched. Without him, we can't get anything right. Even the simplest of circumstances turns to chaos when we try to take it into our own hands. We think we can handle it. But we can't. Without Him, we are sin. We are wretched. We are trapped inside of our carnal residence, and we will continue to give into its desires until we allow God to have EVERY part of us. Every corner. Every hidden spot in our fleshly home that we don't like to share. God, deliver this wretched woman from the body of this death.

No comments:

Post a Comment